Monday, October 8, 2012

Blog Post #8





This Is How We Dream  Parts 1 and 2
By: Richard Miller

Mr. Miller talks about amazing technology in these two videos#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KsEQnOkTZ0During and #1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHvoBPjhsBA. In this video Richard Miller talked about technology that I had no idea even existed. He says that he can tell which city is the happiest just by looking at the  computer. He also brings up the building that he works at, the screen shows a building rotating. He says that the future can only be a bright one if it is shared through the people who work in the sciences.

He goes on to say that the goal of this technology is to be able to share it with others. We cant make our dreams visible unless we have this kind of technology. We no longer take our books and pencils to work, now its laptops and kindles. This technology is very efficient, and I hope one day I can be better at using and understanding these things. If you can understand technology I think that it could be your new best friend.

You can find anything you need on the web. You may need to see a lecture as a example so that you can make a lecture just like it. Or maybe you need to be more informed of historic events, you can look at teachers teaching it. This kind of thing it very useful for teachers and students in the classroom. All of this information is available on the web. We all need to be aware of new technology so that we can share it with our kids.


EDM310 is Different

I loved the EDM310 for Dummies video it was very humorous. And almost true, I could relate to it. I would like to be able to create one of these videos for future students. I find that it would be so much help if a student could sit down and explain how to keep your grade up in this class. I really liked the music and the way that it starts out with the screeching music. It then shows the students with everything under control and the music is light and care free. The students are very happy with what they have accomplished. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqhMRj-Ne38 This is a very good video, I wish I would have known about the EDM310 for Dummies book sooner!

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

If you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tahTKdEUAPk you will see that our future in education is very important! I felt so bad when I watched this video. I really did not notice how bad education has gotten. School is so out of date, and all of this technology is available. It makes me sick that its all available and its not being used. Students should be able to use things that they use everyday, instead they get these things taken away during class. This makes me want to have a very technological classroom. We need to open the door to labs and things being developed on the web. It could make students better prepared for college too. So many teachers now days do not care, as long as they get a paycheck. They are lazy, I will not be a teacher that is lazy. My kids will always have the best and the latest technology on hands.

Scavenger Hunt 2.0

1. I found a site called Edmodo.com. This site is just like facebook. It is set up almost exactly the same way. I made a teacher account and when I played with my page for awhile it was quite fun. My profile name is Ms.Szymanski which sounds and looks more professional than a regular facebook name.Its really cool you can post assignments and their due dates, and the kids will get them just like a notification on facebook. Also if you have some kids that are not doing the assignment or were not assigned it, you can specifically pick your students you would like to send it to. I think this is definitely something that I will use in my classroom. All of my kids can then always have their assignments. No more excuses about missed homework assignments because the student did not write it down it Will be via web available.
2.Next I saw Prezi.com and got all of their pricing. You can click here to view pricing:http://prezi.com/pricing/. You can choose different types of accounts. The more money you pay the more space you have an things like that. Anyone can have an account for free though it will just come with the basic stuff. Students and teachers get these deals:Prezi teacher & student deals.
3.)I made my comic strip at Stripcreator.com.
by kaykay1021
10-13-12
Happy Halloween!
Um, its September..
I only have 3 months to get out of here!
I love turkey during Thanksgiving:)
This is top secret
I didn't even ask?
4.)I visited Animoto.com and saw that it was very useful. This site allows you to use tools such as high definition and cinematic technology in your slide shows. This website allows you to take pictures straight from your computer,facebook,flicker, and instagram. These days everybody has sort of a web scrapbook. All pictures are now digitally uploaded and that's usually where they stay. This will help you extremely when it comes time to fine you pictures easily.
5.)I found a website called pollcode.com, at this site you can make polls for free. Here is a poll that I have created trying to figure out why so many kids drop out of college.


Why did you drop out of college?







  
pollcode.com free

1 comment:

  1. Greatly improved. You need to learn to turn your web URLs into buttons. You can find the instructions in paragraph #3 starting on p. 12 of the Activities manual.

    ReplyDelete