Monday, November 18, 2013

C4K (November Summary)

This has by far been my favorite assignment during EDM310. Here below are all 8 of my comments for kids assignments, each with working links to the student's blogs. Once again it's like a breath of fresh air getting to read all of these articles. This month particularly I was assigned to an AP student in an all girls boarding school. Her article was very interesting and actually opened my eyes to things I have no idea about. It was about the courts decisions on how to enforce punishments to mentally disabled individuals. I usually enjoy reading all of the lower grade blog posts because of the pure uniqueness, but this was very interesting. Also I was able to see how the elementary students are blogging very impressively. Their blogs are links, graphs and pictures they are just like our EDM310 blogs. I think the blogging aspect of teaching is amazing. While reading these children's blogs you can tell that they put their personality and thought into every post.



C4C #8
Student's Link to blog: http://osgapusgov.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/no-justice-for-all-the-dangerous-lack-of-standardization-in-our-criminal-system-and-the-man-whose-life-is-on-the-line-because-of-it/
Hi my name is Kayla Szymanski and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently in a computer class called EDM310 and I have been assigned your blog. Wow what a great article. I am very impressed with your blog, it looks great. Also the article was very interesting, I don't think most people even think about mental illness when things like this happen. Your charts and cartoon was very powerful, you did a great job. The chart was almost unbelievable and almost sad. I see you have a very strong platform within this blog and I encourage you to stick with it. If you don't tell it or explain it, nobody will ever know about it. What a interesting read, thanks! Keep up the good work.

C4K #7
Link to student's blog: http://pespehsoa.blogspot.com/

Hi Peh! My name is Kayla Szymanski and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently in a computer class called EDM310 and I have been assigned your blog for this week. I am very impressed, your art work as your background looks wonderful. Also I love how you made a paragraph rubric, these can be very handy when writing. It is amazing that you have added pictures to your post, your blog looks just like mine. Make sure you keep up the good work, I loved reading your blog.


C4K #6
Link to class blog:Mrs.Schroeder's Class Blog
Link to Students Blog: Tyler's Blog

Hi Tyler, I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently in a computer class called EDM310 and I was assigned to your blog this week. Your post states that you would like to have a Facebook account. I think that if you let your mom put the private settings and allow her to monitor your account weekly she would have no problem with you having an account. You should tell her that she has the option to set privacy settings on your profile, and provide her with the user name and password. She shouldn't have anything against it since she can help protect you this way. Just some helpful tips, keep up the good work!


September Summary:
During the month of September I was allowed to read and comment on student's blogs of all ages. This was very interesting, instead of being the student it made me feel as if I were on the other side of things. It made me feel like one day I could really be reading these blogs as a teacher. This was amazing to be able to get this feeling and also be doing an assignment all at once. Reading these blogs I caught myself smiling, these students get to express their selves on each of their blogs and you really do get a sense of personality out of each one. Most of the time there were spelling errors and the sentences didn't quite make sense, but all in all each blog has a great meaning. I noticed that a lot of the children's books these students are being read have great meanings behind them. These students write in their blogs about what they have taken away from these books and its amazing. They are being taught humility, responsibility, and to be thankful for everything they have. These assignments each week were a breath of fresh air, I loved doing them. It is always fun to see these books and thoughts threw a child's eyes, and these C4Ks allow that. Having students blog each week is almost like the new way of a weekly writing journal. The only thing I disagree with is the writing errors, I think it would be easier to grade writing journals weekly.


C4K #5
Class Blog Link:Class Blog Link
The students were given this assignment on their class blog by Ms.Eppele:
Your blogs are all looking wonderful! Please remember to use complete sentences. Today’s challenge is to write at least FIVE sentences. I want to hear your amazing thoughts and ideas. 

1.   Right away in Chapter 7, Melody talks about how she dreams she can do anything. Think about a dream that you have had. How can you make that dream into a reality?
2.    Why do you think it is hard for teachers to stay with Melody and her class?
3.    Why do you think the episode with Mrs. Billups is important to the story as a whole?

Link to Student's Blog: Andrew Pickle

What I Wrote:
Hi Anthony! My name is Kayla Szymanski and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently in a class called EDM 310 and I have been assigned your blog this week. Your post was very interesting, I loved reading it. I think that it's safe to say that Melody has taught you a very important lesson. Always stay positive no matter what. When we look at other peoples lives and what they have to go through it can sometimes make us feel like we have the perfect life. I believe that this is what your main focus was in this blog. Keep up the good work, and remember never complain sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

C4K #4
Class Blog:MrsRippsClass
Student's Blog: Leona's Blog
I Wrote:
Hey Leona! My name is Kayla Szymanski and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently in a computer class named EDM 310 and I have been assigned your blog this week. I love the book out of my mind by Sharon Draper, it really does show us how blessed we really are to be healthy. You should also check out the club house mysteries series, its written by Sharon Draper too. Keep up the good work your blog looks great. Remember if you love a book written by a certain author most of the time you will like the other books they have written as well. It is great to have a favorite author. Thanks for letting me read your blog and maybe I will be assigned to it again.


C4K #3
Ms. King - 7th and 8th grade
Class Blog: Class Blog
Student's Blog: Anthony
Hi Anthony, my name is Kayla Szymanski and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently in a course called EDM310 and I have been assigned your blog this week. I noticed that your last two post are math related, you are very good with numbers. If you can keep your mathematical knowledge throughout your academic career it will be a main key to your success. Math is such an important subject and you should be very proud. Your blog is very impressing, and the background looks wonderful. Keep up the good work and maybe I will be assigned to your blog again.

C4K#2
Student's Blog: Juani
This is what I wrote on Juani's blog:
Hi Juani, my name is Kayla Szymanski and I am in a computer class called EDM310. I am attending the University of South Alabama and I have been assigned your blog for this week. I love your background and the colors are so pretty; they match the parrot perfect. I loved hearing about your boring mornings. I am not a morning person either, so I can relate. It's very hard for me to wake up in the mornings. I guess I am just like your little sister. If you eat a healthy breakfast each morning it helps a lot with boring mornings. Before you know it you will be wide awake. You should tell your sister about eating healthy breakfast too, and it might help her. Keep up the good work and maybe I will be assigned to your blog again.  

C4K #1
Student: Mckenna
Link: McKenna's Blog Post

This is what she wrote in her blog:
Did you know that Alberta has endangered animals?They are Bull Trout ,piping plover,woodland caribou,whooping crane ,Trumpeter swan,white pelican,swift fox,ferruginous hawk ,Burrowing owl and the northern leopard frog. contact your local wild life centre on how you can help.

This is what I wrote to her:
Hi McKenna, my name is Kayla Szymanski and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I have been assigned your blog this week and I am so excited to read all of the fun things you are writing about. I had no idea that Alberta has so many endangered animals, this is very sad. I think that the best thing about your post is that you are helping these animals just by letting people know how to help. This is such a great thing, thank you for sharing this important information and keep up the good work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment