Monday, August 19, 2013

Practice Blog Post

My name is Kayla Szymanski and I am very excited to be attending the University of South Alabama. I am 22 years of age and will be 23 in October. I have my own business named Kay's Kreations, where I make custom decals and monogramming. My business has really taken off this past year, it keeps me busy, but it is also very rewarding. I still live with my parents and I have two sisters and one brother. I also have a very serious boyfriend named Brad Jones, we have been dating for three years come this September. I currently am employed by Satsuma United Methodist Church where I am the bookkeeper. I'm also employed with Lafitte Baptist Church as the custodian. I actually attend Lafitte Baptist Church where I sing in the choir and also teach Sunday school to 4th grade children weekly.

I am majoring in Elementary Education and one day I would like to teach K5. I recently got the chance to take a mission trip to Honduras. This trip was life changing and made me realize  that my purpose is to be an educator. Even though the small children could not speak English I was able to communicate with each one. A smile is universal, a wave is too, these small gestures helped me let the children know I was there to help them. I believe that my passion lies there, helping children. I want to be an educator, I feel that I would be good at this. One of our mission team members took me aside and told me that they loved watching me with the kids and also that I have a gift. This was probably the best thing I could hear. Knowing that you are doing what you are destined to do is amazing. So I'm sure it's safe to say that my passion lies with teaching.

2 comments: