Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blog Assignment #1

Randy Pausch on Time Management
By: Randy Pausch
Link:coming soon
As I watched this video I learned that Mr. Randy has pancreatic cancer. He was told that he has 12 tumors in his liver and with that 3-6 months left of good health left. So his lecture on Time Management made me definitely pay attention. He used Covey's four quadrant to do list. This shows that you always do the biggest thing first. If something is small and not important do the big thing that's not due but more important. By doing this you will free up your time because you will always be ahead. also I liked the thing he was saying about the telemarketers, when they call you always start talking and then hang up on your self while your talking. Also when calling people and lets say you do not want to be stuck on the phone for 45 min. try calling at 11:50, rite before lunch.By doing this if and when the person answers they are ready to eat lunch and it can be a 10 min conversation rather then 45 min. This Video actually has inspired me to go ahead and get some other assignments done before they are even due so I will be ahead.


My Life 
By:Kayla Szymanski
  
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/34/833/full/f0escusps8d57q2gf0bpy1otm.gif       My name is Kayla Szymanski and this is my 3rd year in college. I have completed two years of college at Faulkner State Community College in Bayminette and I am starting my 3rd year at South. I am 21 and will be 22 on October 21. I currently am employed by Satsuma United Methodist Church where I am the bookkeeper. I also am employed by Lafitte Baptist Church where I clean and make sure everything is ready for  all services. I also attend church at Lafitte Baptist where I sing in the choir every week. I used to drive a yellow beetle bug, now I have a brand new 2011 Kia Soul. Its grey and has eye lashes its pretty much perfect, I love it.
          I am majoring in Elementary Education. I would like to one day be able to teach the 2nd grade. I still live with my parents and I have two sisters and one brother. I have a Siamese cat, her name is Duchess, I got her in the 5th grade and she has been the best cat ever. I have a Yorkie dog and her name is Cricket, also I have a lop eared bunny, her name is Peanut. So as you can tell I absolutely am a total animal person. Usually in my spare time I am always with my boyfriend his name is Brad, we have been dating almost 2 years now. I also love random beach trips or any kind of trip, traveling in general is defiantly a good time to me. I also love to shop, most people say I am a shopaholic but its my thing.









1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla,
    I am Keiko Ito, a EDM310's student.
    I also love dog and cat! i have a dog and a cat in my house in Japan. I also have a Yorkie puppy here. His name is 'Syun.' He is 7 month age and black color.
    I hope you to have a good work in this class to become a elementary school teacher.

    I think you need to post 'Randy Pausch on Time Management' on Blog Post #1, not on Blog Post #2 and you will need to post "Did You Know? 3.0 - A John Strange 2012 Version' and "Think about Glass" on Blog Post #2 by midnight 9/9.


    Keiko Ito

    ReplyDelete